Betung Kerihun National Park tourism
Basically, tour activities in BKNP area are categorized as special interest tourism. The natural condition and originality of the tourist objects are well taken care of to the satisfaction of tourists. Now, visitors can enjoy facilities that are a little bit different with the others in general. Some facilities such as inns and food providers available in the area are as follow:
• Tourist Information Center (TIC) located at Area I Management Division Office. Here, there is a homestay for tourist who wants to stay the night.
• For tourists who want to enjoy the living culture of the local community, chambers are available for a stay in rumah betang to be visited.
• Regular homestays are also available at Matasso.
• Within the park, tourists can use three camping grounds, namely at Karangan Laboh, Muara Tekelan and at Camp Derian.
Notes: There are many restaurants available at Matasso. But logistic supplies must be prepared before entering the area. At Embaloh, there is a Community Group providing services to those visiting for recreational or other purposes. The group is called “Catayot Agent” which a partner of BKNP Bureau.
• At Sibau, to follow the local community’s living culture, Baligundi is a suitable place to stay.
• Tourist Information Center (TIC) at Nanga Potan Sub-area Office.
• Homestay of the Regional Government of Kapuas Hulu Regency.
At Baligundi and Nanga Potan homestay, the local people are trained to provide services to visitors. At Nanga Potan, however, visitors are advised to prepare their own logistics because there is no restaurant around.
• Rumah Betang Semangkok provides rooms for visitors who stay the night and follow the living culture of the local community.
• Homestay of the Regional Government of Kapuas Hulu Regency at Nanga Hovat.
There is no restaurant at Mendalam, so visitors are advised to prepare their own logistics.
• Nanga Bungan Sub-area Office
• Homestay of the Regional Government of Kapuas Hulu Regency at Tanjung Lokang
There is no restaurant when entering the Kapuas destination, so visitors are advised to prepare their own logistics.